03 August 2008

Stadt German Cuisine & Bistro

Had dinner with my family at Stadt German Cuisine somewhere at Kepong Metroprima. It was just 10mins drive from my house and the dinner was a disappointing one! They served mainly pork, especially pork knuckle. I was expecting it to taste at least 50% like the pork knuckle I once had in German a few years back *best served with black forest cake with rum!* Considering that I'm living in Malaysia, I don't have high expectation on the pork and of course, it is impossible to taste 100% similar.

Back to Stadt Cuisine, their service sucks! That place was almost full. They have so many waiters and waitress yet it was so difficult to get someone to place an order for us. Really difficult! And how dare they still wanna charge us for service tax which I think it is not worth paying at all.

Pork Cordon Bleu - shallow fried rolled pork escalop stuffed with bacon rasher, turkey ham, melted cheese served with mixed vegetables - RM22.90.


Mother claimed that my dish looked good, without controlling herself she immediately ate my vegetable and poured on chilli sauce. Let me review this dish.
1) The pork was overcooked!
2) The so called 'mashed potato' doesn't taste like mashed potato at all. Not fine and smooth. Taste more like cooked pebbles to me.
3) The mixed vegetable was cold, and I don't know which part of my dish looked tempting.


Grilled and roasted pork chop served with mashed potato and mixed vegetables - RM22.90.


BBQ spare pork ribs with glazed honey - bbq roasted pork ribs glazed with honey and bbq sauce served with mashed potato and mixed vegetables - RM22.90


German bratwurst - german juicy grilled pork sausage, saukerkaut and mustard sauce - RM17.90


Yeah, I agreed that the dining environment was not bad BUT the food served and services... Aiyo, I told my sister, 'This restaurant is slightly below average". She said "No, it is very far below average ok." Mummy said "This will be our first and also our last time." Daddy said "This is a 'one-time-go' restaurant." You know, when daddy said 'one-time-go', it means the food must be really bad cos he has never been picky / choosy over food.

Trust me, I don't exaggerate in my food blog (but yeah in my own blog HAHA). It is a food blog, meant to review food. I was quite angry when I google out the restaurant's food review and to my surprise, the reviews were all great! It was a joke of the day to me. Go here and here. I don't understand them and I'm wondering if they are paid to do so.


I googled others review and in a few blogs, someone actually commented about this German Cuisine. That particular person seems to be the same person who commented on all other food blog. Or perhaps, I am too 'sensi', I mean senstitive.


My eldest sister suggested we should try Bavarian Bierhaus at The Curve *hmm, is that obvious enough that I rather promote a restaurant which I never been before!*, a German cuisine as well. And mummy suggested that we should search for food at K.L rather than such place. Sad to say, the suckness of this restaurant gave me a very bad impression on the whole Kepong Metroprima area although there are so many other dessert shop and restaurants there.

And I don't understand why the tv program 'One Day Five Meal' tend to visit most of the restaurants at the same Kepong area and her review was always thumbs up! I'm really wondering if all the food she recommended tastes good.

No comments: