06 July 2008

Xtine's favourite (probably San's too ^^) - RAKUZEN

Hie peeps!! ^^
this is xtine's first post!! and it so happens that today is my birthday *cheers*,
ofcourse i MUST HAVE a PERFECT meal!! I'll start of with a great dinner at rakuzen in my first post.

I'm too lucky this year for my bday cuz i manage to eat at Rakuzen yesterday and also today! *big wet eyes* haha. but both dinner with different people ofcourse, cuz i'm probably the only one around me that never gets bored with japanese food ^^

but unfortunately i din get to snap pictures for my dinner with my mom yest cuz i FORGOT *smacks forehead* =.=" but its okay, cuz yesterday's meal wasnt that great, i had it in waterfront desa parkcity bcuz its just within walking distance from my house.

But TODAY, me n my bf headed to the other branch (which i prefer better) which is located at Plaza Damas (Hartamas Shopping Centre). This is my third trip there. Firstly, this outlet's environment is much more comfortable and provides you more privacy bcuz they have small and big compartments for couples and also for families. Secondly, i personally find that the salmon here are more fresh and the food here are tastier (but no worries, the outlet at waterfront is still up to quality). Thirdly, there are lots of real japanese people coming, so i assume they will care a lot for their food's quality, and also its located in hartamas (haha i dunno y but i feel its relevant swt)

Ok Ok! Photos photos and less crappings! >.< First dish - Seasoned baby octopus * RM 10, i felt its a bit expensive bcuz of the small proportion but oh well, luckily it tasted good!*











Second dish - Salmon Sashimi Zen (My favourite not his)
*RM 30, 7 thick and juicy salmon sashimi which is VERY FRESH, couldn't have enough of them >.<. All the salmon lovers out there, this dish is a MUST!

















* Itz soo thick n juicy,mmm (Mother yanx! now u understand y me n san kept raving bout the salmon in rakuzen XP) *yeah, both Xtine and San love this dish very muchie!!*

Third dish - Stamina roll
RM 28 - This dish is surprisingly large bcuz they really give u a whole roasted eel as stated in the menu @.@ there's also omelette within the rice, overall this dish is still not a bad choice ^^





Fourth dish - Chicken Terriyaki Zen
RM 28 - My bf ordered this bcuz we havent try their chicken terriyaki b4. This dish was also ok. Perhaps when it doesnt taste bad, its considered good enough already. ^^



Fourth dish - Dragon roll (this is highly recommended!! XD)
RM 28 - the dragon roll is me n my bf's all time favourite after my salmon sashimi. all thanks to my sis-in-law for recommending it haha. the taste of the fried shrimp is perfect with the avocado topping and the mayonnaise. This is another one that i couldnt get enough of it also!!! *omfg!! I freakin' lurve this dragon roll laaaa.*

it looks so wonderful rite?? ^^

That's all we ordered. Thx to the waitress who gave a such a small table so we ended up cramming everything we have in the small table >.< but i like the seats though, so small n cosy ^^ haha n we even purposely waited for all our dish to come so we can snap picture of all the dishes in one shot. look how crammed our table is ....

BUT we managed to finish up everything on our table!!! haha such appetite me n my bf have.. Our bill sum up to RM 146++. actually it's just RM126 thx to the RM20 of service charge n tax >.< After leaving Rakuzen at ard 9.30 pm, we decided to walk around the shopping centre but was surprised to see 95% of the shops are all closed ady, so early rite? but luckily we still managed to get a tiramisu from san terri cake house which is located near the escalator, on the same row as rakuzen, since i dun feel like getting a cake for my bday. The tiramisu taste nicer than the first time i tried it in san terri (manjalara) with san n mother yanx (haha yanxia u sound so old la)
RM 7

there goes my first post for the blog, forgive me bcuz this is my first time havin a blog and i'm not very good in explaining the taste of food in detail. And this simple blog took me almost 2 hours swt=.="

OMG i forgot to say something bout my dinner at rakuzen on saturday. Me n my mom shared a unagi to sushi zen (something like that) and also a spider roll.

Again, i can never get with unagi haha.. This Unagi to sushi zen cost RM48 and it tasted as usually NICE :) but the spider roll was disappointing to me. The soft shell crab was not as crispy as it used to taste and the crab was so meat-less. What disturbs me the most is the shell, isnt it suppose to be soft? its barely edible that i had to spit it out .. =.="

But its okay, at least the sunday dinner was very satisfying to me :)

No comments: